Saturday, April 10, 2010

Big Eye Opener

This past week has been a really really big eye opener to me!!! To start things off about Wednesday we had to go to this thing for freshmen and we learned about re education. ( That is really really sad, if you don't know what it is look it up.) That got me thinking if we know so much about the Holocaust how come we don't really know anything about re education. It's just as bad! Its crazy what how much we don't know about the other country's.

Next me and a few friends went to thins thing called Invisible Children Legacy Tour. We learned all about the people in Northern Uganda and the Rebel War that's been going and is still going on for about 20 years! If you don't know about it I will tell you. This man named Joseph Kony would pretty much kidnap kids in the night when they are like sleeping and then he would take them and brainwash them and after he did that he would send them out into the war. KIDS between the ages of 8-20! That is SOOO SAD!! They showed pictures of them killing people, 8 year old. It is SO sad. It you want to learn more about it go to Invisble Children. com!

Lastly at school we had a mock crash! (fake crash for those who don't know.) It felt so real and the fast they brought in
4 ambulances
4 Sheriffs
A fire truck/crew
1 HCP

little behind the crash there were 4 people in one car and 3 in the other. The one with 4 people they were all drunk and hit into the other car. Killed on person in there and one person in there car. Yes they did have real people playing this out. They had some really good stage make that made them look all buried and cut up it was so gross. But it was so believable. Watching what really happened in Crashes and how fast people get to you. Watching people die right there. Its crazy stuff! I don't ever want to be in the car to get hit of the car to hit the other one. Did you know that one of the most common ways people crash these days is because of there phone. Texting, Emailing, Talking. We had someone come and talk to us. He killed 2 people because he was texting on his phone. It was so sad. I really cant find myself feeling bad for him he killed 2 people.

This week truly has been a really big eye opener. I am so grateful for the life i have been given. At time I think I have a bad life but I don't have it even as bad as those kids in Uganda or the people that are dead because of a Drunk Driver. I'm really grateful for food. I really hope the people that has seen what I have and heard what I have the past couple days it opened your eyes too!!

Love L

No comments:

Post a Comment